Subjective Committee Discussion Program (Semi-government Institutions) under the National Platform for Disaster Risk Reduction
Feb 13, 2022
The Subjective Committee Discussion Program (Semi Government Institutions) under the National Platform for Disaster Risk Reduction was organized by DPNet in collaboration with National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Authority (NDRRMA) virtually on 26th January, 2022. Mr. Surya Bahadur Thapa, Chairperson of DPNet welcomed the participants in the virtual meeting. He said that Nepal is prone to different types of disaster, and to mitigate the risk of disaster different stakeholders have their roles. Semi- Government have flexibility to organize meetings, discuss the issues and give input to national programs. Altogether, 27 participants joined the program.
- Dr. Dijan Bhattarai, Under Secretary of NDRRMA gave a presentation about NPDRR and its guidelines. He asked for coordination, collective action in providing orientation and training to the office’s bearers of the institutions as a preparedness for DRR and asked the participants for their institutional input to make the group more vibrant and active for DRR.
- The subjective committee of the Semi government was formed. Mr. Bishwo Raj Baral, Ass.CEO of Nepal Bank Limited was appointed as Coordinator.
- Budget allocation for preparedness is necessary to mitigate human induced disaster such as disaster during oil trade.
- It was discussed about holding regular meetings and planning categorically.
- It was discussed about providing more responsibilities to the local government and localization of DRR.
- The discussions, and recommendations of the subjective groups can contribute to drafting a national position paper to present in an international conference.
- It was discussed about addressing issues and helping to support NPDRR.
Dr. Dijan Bhattarai, Under Secretary of NDRRMA gave final vote to the participants and closed the program.