Subjective Committee Discussion Program (Goverment) under the National Platform for Disaster Risk Reduction
Feb 13, 2022
The Subjective Committee Discussion Program (Government) under the National Platform for Disaster Risk Reduction was organized by DPNet in collaboration with National Disaster Risk Reduction virtually on 27th January, 2022. Dr. Raju Thapa, Vice chairperson gave welcome remarks and introduced DPNet. He highlighted the NPDRR and its guidelines. He further shared the objective of NPDRR and work done for position paper. All together 28 participants joined the webinar.
- Dr. Dijan Bhattarai, Under Secretary of NDRRMA introduced about the of NDRRMA, its concept, working procedure and its roles and responsibilities. He further said that Government could contribute in NPDRR by maintaining physical infrastructure and development in a disaster-prone manner, make the annual budget of its policy plan program with disaster sensitivity, by providing advice and suggestions to this authority regarding disaster related policy planning program and by organizing programs and by including all the stakeholders in DRR&M programs.
- It was discussed about collecting information about disasters and providing the priority of disaster-prone areas for further risk planning.
- It was discussed about horizontal coordination to enhance action against disaster.
- Local governments should be capacitated to address the issues of disaster risk. and encourage localization of DRR.
- Enhancing the local level and coordinating with NDRRMA is very important.
- It was discussed about emphasizing on the cross-sectional information sharing for DRR.
Dr. Dijan Bhattarai, Under Secretary said that CEO of NDRRMA will take lead of NPDRR subjective committee and every government DRR focal person is its member. He then finally closed the program.