Private Sector First Periodic Meeting
Mar 16, 2022
The Private Sector subjective first periodic meeting was organized by DPNet Nepal in collaboration with NDRRMA on 13th March, 2022 via Zoom. Dr. Raju Thapa, Acting Chair of DPNet Nepal welcomed the participants and shared the objective of the meeting. The program was chaired by Mr. Gokarna Awasthi Deputy Director General, FNCCI he welcomed everyone and commenced the meeting, altogether there were 17 participants.
- Mr. Gokarna Awasthi, Deputy Director General, FNCCI highlighted that the list good required for tax exemption can be obtained by the suppliers in the nation and by the DRR&M actors, he requested the participants to develop a list ensuring the needs of persons with disabilities and to circulate it among the members. He expressed that the task should be completed as soon as possible as Nepal is vulnerable to floods each year and this list of items would put us in a better position to respond to disasters in the near future.
- Dr. Raju Thapa, Acting Chair of DPNet Nepal shared about the 9 thematic groups of the NPDRR. He shed light on the agenda and the major points of discussion such as tax exemption for the goods required for DRR, the modification of the NPDRR guideline for the Private Sector. He further shared about the Global Platform for Disaster Risk Reduction (GPDRR) 2022 and how we need to showcase the work Nepal has done in DRR.
- The members can give a list of implementable tasks that can be achieved by the private sector.
- The list of goods for tax exemption should be in the format provided by the Government of Nepal.
- The list of goods for tax exemption should also include assistive devices and disability-friendly items.
- The Red Cross should be consulted on the list of goods required for tax exemption considering the global and national standards.
- The NPDRR guideline will be modified and finalized in the next meeting.
Mr. Gokarna Awasthi, Deputy Director General, FNCCI gave the vote of thanks and closed the meeting.