National Platform for Disaster Risk Reduction (NPDRR), Subjective Committee (INGO's) Discussion Program
Jul 13, 2021
The Subjective Committee discussion program of INGO Group under the National Platform for Disaster Risk Reduction (NPDRR) was organized by DPNet-Nepal under USAID/Tayar’s Capacity Enhancement for DRR&M project on 12th July, 2021. Mr. Surya Bahadur Thapa, Chairperson of DPNet-Nepal delivered the opening remarks and highlighted the objective of program. Dr. Sushil Koirala, Chairperson of Association of INGO's in Nepal (AIN) was the Special Guest of the program. Altogether 27 participants joined the webinar.
- Dr. Raju Thapa, General Secretary of DPNet-Nepal delivered presentation on NPDRR Guideline and its implementation. He shared the background of NPDRR in Nepal and highlighted the list of Subjective Committees under NPDRR Guideline and the provision regarding the formation of Province and Local Level platform for DRR. He emphasized on the implementation of the Guideline in all level.
- Ms. Luna Khadka, Program Coordinator shared the objectives of USAID/Tayar’s Capacity Enhancement for DRR&M project in relation to NPDRR. Furthermore, she said that Province Level Platform for DRR will be formed in Karnali and Sudur Paschim Province and the project will also support to form the Local Level Platform in three Municipalities namely, Godavari of Kailali, Rajapur of Bardiya and Tulsipur of Dang District.
- Mr. Bishnu Prasad Timilsina, Consultant shared the draft frame of the Subjective Committee Guideline for INGO's group within the provisions of NPDRR Guideline. He also said that the draft will be shared with INGO's group for their feedback and finalization.
- Dr. Sushil Koirala, Chairperson of AIN highlighted the importance of the Subjective Committee formation and added that there is a need to have further discussion among INGO's for leading and forming these types of group. He suggested that existing group like Association of INGO's Task Group in Disaster Management and Climate Change (AINTGDMCC) may lead the group instead of forming new committee
- Mr. Santosh Dahal, Coordinator of AINTGDM said that now AIN will hold a meeting for more information. He highlighted the importance of the Subjective Committee formation and will coordinate after consulting with AIN team again.
Mr. Surya Bahadur Thapa delivered vote of thanks and closed the program.